Tags: madz et a schedule, madz et al 2010
(from MADZ Fan Page on FB)
Music plays a role in all of our lives, and is present at almost every stage of it with resounding beats and swelling melodies that echo our own emotions and ambitions. Even the paths we follow in life can be likened to music, whether we live by a beat evenly paced or staccato or even syncopated. We get the most out of life, though – as well as music – when we blend together with others’ beats and melodies to form a harmony like that of the best classical music or the grooviest jazz.
In celebration of music’s sheer uplifting and emotive power, the Philippine Madrigal Singers have worked with choirs from all walks of life with the Madz Et Al network since 1981. This year, the Madz recognize the smooth and moving flow of jazz music and how it expresses the ups and downs of our lives with “Choral Rhythms: The 2010 Madz Et Al Jazz Festival“, a musical gathering in the proud Madz Et Al tradition of spotlighting among the most hardworking and talented upcoming choral groups.
The festival runs from May 2 to May 8 at the Philamlife Theater, UN Avenue Manila, beginning at 7 p.m. featuring various choirs from all over the Philippines.
The schedule of performances are as follows:
- University of the East Chorale – Anna Tabita Abeleda –Piquero
- Koro Ilustrado – Anna Tabita Abeleda –Piquero
- DSWD Chorale – Anna Tabita Abeleda –Piquero
- The Tala Choir – Oscar Pantaleon
- Shrine of Jesus Children’s Choir – Mary Louise M. Alcantara
- AUP Celestial Echoes – Warlito Yalung
- Singles For Christ Chorale Manila – Rivah Anne Singson
- Kilyawan Boys Choir – Mark Anthony Carpio
- Voces Aurorae Girls Choir – Mark Anthony Carpio
- PUP Chorale – Elsie Eranista
- Vox Angeli – Chris Borela
- TIP Chorale – Joel Aquino
- Philippine Tesalonica Choral – Marivic Llamas
- AUP Voice of Indonesia – Warlito Yalung
- Anima Christi Chorale – Joel Boragay Jr.
- Kilyawan Male – Mark Anthony Carpio
- Pag-ibig Fund Chorale – Fred de Santos
- Our Lady of Fatima University Chorale – Philip Mabunga
- Philippine Army Chorale – Elsie Eranista
- LRTA Chorale – Joel Aquino
- Mary The Queen Children’s Choir – Rivah Anne Singson
- Supreme Court Choir – Joel Aquino
- Magsaysay Chorale – Joel Aquino
- St. John Vianney Parish Chorale – Marivic Llamas
- Imus Institute Chorale – Warlito Yalung
- Coro Sogno – Odette Galura
- UPLB Chorale Ensemble – Von Lomarda
- Avant Garde Singers – Joey Soliman
- Pfizer Chorale – Oscar Pantaleon
- Pansol Choir – Mark Anthony Carpio
- Chorus Paulinus – Fred de Santos
- Manila Chamber Singers – Joel Aquino
- Coro de Sta. Cecilia – Christopher Borela
- Ateneo High School Glee Club – Vonn Lomarda
- Koro techniuv – Steve Collado
- Novo Concertante Manila – Arwin Tan
- CCP Chorale – Arwin Tan
- The Our Lady of the Pillar Cathedral Choir – Oscar Pantaleon
- Coro de San Sebastian – Marivic Llamas
- Samahang Banal na Mag-anak Chorale – Ronald Bello
- Ateneo College Glee Club – Malou Hermo
- Caltex Chorale – Oscar Pantaleon
- University of Makati Chorale – Elsie Eranista
- Maryknoll Sanctuary Choir of Baguio City – Joey Soliman
- Coro Animo – Liaa Kathryna A. Patag
- Lifeline Chorale – Warlito Yalung
- College of the Immaculate Conception Choir of Cabanatuan City – Alfred Samonte
The MADZ Et Al Festival is being presented by the Philippine Madrigal Singers in cooperation with the Philippine American Life and General Insurance Company (Philamlife) and the Philippine Charity Sweepstakes Office (PCSO).
For tickets, please call Pearl Reyes at 0917.8442674 or any of the choir’s representatives.
For May7 performance, PM me here, thanks!🙂
Tags: coro de san sebastian, madz et al 2010
The 2010 MADZ Et Al festival is coming near and our choir, Coro De San Sebastian is one of the Et Al Choirs will be performing on Friday, May 7, 2010. The venue is on Philam Life theater in UN Ave., Manila. The show will start at 7pm.
I havent got any news on who’s gonna perform with Coro, and There hasnt any official announcements about the said event.
Will keep you posted everyone!
(tickets for May7 concert is now available, leave a comment or email me here email@example.com for details. )
Tags: auditions, madz, philippine madrigal singers
The Philippine Madrigal Singers is now open for auditions!
Picture taken from MADZ Facebook fan page
Audition schedule will be determined by the choirmaster as soon as he reads the details you will be sending thru the email.
The schedule is really on-going🙂
It is also open to non-UP students.
As for the age, the choirmaster will decide🙂
For details, please refer to the poster, thanks!
Tags: finals night, voices in harmony
The Voices in Harmony Finals Night will be held on Sunday, Feb. 7, 2010 , 5:00pm at the Meralco Theater.
Ten finalist will compete for the prestigious event.
This year’s contest piece is Hanggang Ngayon, composed by Wency Cornejo, arranged for mixed and equal voices by Prof. Eudenice Palaruan.
The finalist are the following:
Choir Finalists are:
- Boscorale, Don Bosco Technical Institute – Makati
- Miriam College Glee Club
- Muntinlupa Science High School Chorale
- Coro San Antonio, School of St. Anthony – Lagro
- St. Paul College Pasig Chorale
- St. Scholastica’s College Manila High School Glee Club
- St. Stephen’s High School Chorale
- Theresian Chorale, St. Theresa’s College Quezon City
- Trinity University of Asia High School Chorale
- University of Santo Tomas High School Glee Club
For more details, visit the VIH facebook fan page here: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Voices-in-Harmony-2009-the-11th-Annual-Awit-Tagisan-ng-Batang-Pilipino/142694544790
Tags: madz, philippine madrigal singers
(Taken from MADZ Multiply site)
This coming valentines day, the Philippine Madrigal Singers will be having a Valentines concert entitled: MADZ About Love this coming Feb. 13, 2010, 7:30pm at the Meralco Theater.
“Madz About Love” is a fundraising concert that features love songs sung by the prestigious Philippine Madrigal Singers. It aims to raise funds for Project: Brave Kids’ Social and Family Life Support Program, which currently helps indigent families whose children are being treated at the Philippine Children’s Medical Center, and for Kalinangan Youth Foundation, Inc., which promotes the professional, cultural, personal and spiritual development of high school girls, university students and young professional women.
For more information about the concert, you may visit the website here: http://www.madzaboutlove.com